- Proper amount of heel and toe protection.
- Good build quality, they feel like they will never perish.
- Attention to detail, the gusseted tongue, and the D3O inserts are a nice touch.
- Comfortable, even in warm weather.
- Wide cleat box makes the pedal entry very easy.
- Fitting is perfect.
- The cleat box is angled outward, which doesn't go well with the people whose feet are naturally pointed outward like me. It would be a lot less problematic if the cleat box runs parallel with the feet.
- The cleat channels are not deep enough. This is not a good choice for the people who used flat pedals all of their lives and now decided to give clipless pedals a try.
Overall, this feels like a fantastic pair of shoes after I drilled the cleat channels as far as possible with a little bit of inward rotation. I would suggest trying them first with your pedals before buying these shoes.
I bought these for a trail shoe but instead they are gonna be my bike park shoes. Heavy and beefier than my 2fos I was using for park before. Best part is they have some actual ankle support/protection which I have never before had with a clip shoe. Comes up nice and high on this inside and velcro strap locks in the support.
Would prefer a bit more substantial insole, only downside.
Velcro strap is too long, had to trim mine down but I am assuming its cause they are using the same length strap across all sizes, I dunno for certain.
these shoes are tanks! I love the high collar around the ankle, the deep heel pocket cradles my Achilles perfectly. The toe box is a bit wider than average, and my feet felt nice and snug at the mid-foot. Honestly, I put them on and didn't think about them until I took them off. No pain, no tingles, no hot spots.
Two gripes with this shoe: first the sole is burley and wide, to the point of occasionally bumping into the crank arm when unclipping; second the cleat pocket is very shallow, and makes certain pedals not work. I swapped over to crank bros specifically for their shorter cleat and it still barely mated up to the pedal correctly. I'd love to see the v2 deepen the cleat pocket by about 3-5mm. Side note: I'd also love a trail focused shoe with the transitions fit and shank, but a lighter build and more aggressive tread on the sole.
This is the easiest clip in I've ever had on a shoe, and they fit my feet perfectly for a long day split between trail and park.